Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh the Places You will Go

 

Little did I know when I was younger and reading this book that the Lord would place me in the places He has. I know that I was born in VA for a reason, I know that I moved to South Carolina for a reason, I know I went to Samford for a reason, and I know God has me at the best school in the nation Clemson University for a reason. All of these places, all of my relationships, and all of my experiences have lead me to this. They have lead me to


The World Race

Trust me in the fact that I will write more blogs about what the world race is and WHY I want to do this but know that I am writing this blog to just tell you a little glimpse into what I will be doing next year. The World Race is run by AIM (Adventures in Missions) and it sends people between 21-35 to do mission work in 11 countries in 11months. Every route is different, every squad is different, every team is different, and every mission is different but it ALL goes to glorify God. (I will explain and provide more information later) 

Since last semester I've been thinking and praying about doing The World Race. I applied three weeks ago, had a phone interview last Tuesday and today God graciously allowed AIM to accept me in being a part of the World Race family. He has divinely placed me on the July '13 route. 
Meaning I will be traveling to : 

  • Thailand
  • Cambodia
  • Vietnam
  • South Africa
  • Mozambique
  • Swaziland
  • Nepal
  • India
  • Turkey
  • Bulgaria
  • Romania
I know that this will be challenging and I know that I am going to be changed forever and for good but I also know and believe that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And the Lord has always had a plan for me and will always have a plan for me Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I'm excited to embark on this new journey and I know I won't be able to do it without God and without your prayers and maybe even financial support (I have to raise $16,000).

Enough about me. I am also AMAZINGLY proud of my two roommates and SO excited to see the Lord's plan revealed for them. Angelica will be in New Orleans doing Teach for America. Clearly the Lord knows her love for children and her amazing ability/passion to teach. I seriously can't wait to her all of her stories! And Becca has recently received a job offer (one of many I am SURE). Clearly the Lord knows she is a strong and independent woman that will be a dynamite in the working world. I know the Lord will shine through her in the corporate world and I couldn't be more proud.

With all that being said I AM SO EXCITED and the LORD IS DOING SO MANY COOL THINGS!!!!!!  I truly hope you find something you are passionate about because the Lord will find it and use it. And you never know what places you will go.

With all my love-
   Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment