Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New year, New goals, Striving for excellence

Good grief (in the best Charlie Brown voice possible) where does time go!? People always say time goes by faster the older you get and let me tell you it really truly does...I seriously can't believe that it is already senior year. The more I think about it the more I desire for this to be a year of excellence. The dictionary defines excellence as being: the state of excelling/superiority; something in which one excels. In the Bible, a verse that comes to mind is:
     Colossians 3:23-34 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
I have a lot of goals for myself this year but ultimately to me excellence for this year is excelling in working for the Lord and not for men in everything that I do. With that being said here are some of my goals...and in all honesty I would love to be held accountable for this.
  • Seek the Lord's will in every decision made
  • Determine prayerfully if the World Race is the next move for my life
  • If the World Race is the next step- begin preparing my heart, my mind, and my life to be changed immensely
  • Live this year with unending joy that is only found in the Lord
  • Find positivity in every aspect- try not to be negative in anything because your attititude can affect others
  • Be a servant with a servants heart for everyone
  • Be the best Young Life leader I can be
  • Pour into others, while also seeking wisdom from elders
  • Further friendships
These are just a few and soon I want to make a bucket list for senior year but let this be an encouragement lets do this year no matter what year it is for you let it be done with excellence. Choose to see beauty in everything rather than negativity. I'm SO excited for this year and I truly hope to enjoy every moment because it goes by so quickly.

Carpe Diem - With all my love 
    Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment