Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First day of school! First day of school! First day of....Senior year?



If you know me then you know I am not opposed to watching animated movies in fact I love them and Finding Nemo is probably one of my top five. So naturally being the first day of school I thought of this clip and wanted to share!

I think this year academically will be a good year. So far I've had two classes: Comm Theory and Service Marketing. My Comm Theory professor is super legit- I'm talkin' red afro, trendy glasses, jammin' to some tunes in class, and believes that typical memorizing and reciting information isn't his style rather learning should be more of an applying methods approach- I feel pretty good about it. Now my Marketing Services professor, bless his heart he's another story. He's older and he feels the need to explain everything and it takes him a while to figure out everything he wants to say and elaborate on.

But for some reason today it finally dawned on me that this man was in school once, he knows what he is talking about, he may be a little strange but he is trying and for some reason a real sense of compassion came over me and I decided right then and there that I'm bound and determined to give him (as well as my other professors) my undivided attention. That means during class not getting distracted by Facebook, or thinking I'm important by checking my emails every ten seconds, or even trying to be crafty and find fun things on Pinterest. But rather give them my undivided attention and really truly try to listen and focus on everything they are trying to say (even though I get distracted easily). Ha funny I should be coming to this conclusion now that I am a senior but hey its never to late! Right?

Only Three more First days of school ever....OH MYYYYYYY pt 2 tomorrow

Hope yall had a wonderful first day/first Wednesday
   With all my love- Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment